Nolan Watson: Entrepreneur, Philanthropist, and Mining Mogul – 12/7/14
This week, we are happy to present CEO of Sandstorm Gold, Mr. Nolan Watson. Nolan became the first employee of Silver Wheaton, and was instrumental in building the company to a multi billion dollar silver streamer. Nolan went on to found Sandstorm Gold in 2008, which is now a successful gold streaming company. Nolan is fairly young, considering his achievements, and has made a good amount of money so far in the mining sector. This was a real good opportunity for us figure out why and how he did it.
Takeaways from this week’s interview with Nolan:
● Why streaming companies are well positioned to acquire streams even in a bad market like today
● How and why many low quality mining companies will dilute their shareholders when money starts flowing into the sector again
● How investors can position themselves to take advantage of the coming bull market in gold stocks
● What passion is, and why it’s crucial for any entrepreneur!
● Nolan’s own views on philanthropy, and how he himself deploys his own money in philanthropic efforts